New Student Information
Check out our School Supplies List for your child's grade level. During the spring each year, you can purchase these supplies through this website. Otherwise, the list will help you purchase what your child needs on your own.
Update your membership toolkit account
Update your family information on your account anytime your information changes. NOTE: You will be required to review your information the first time you login during the summer before school starts. These accounts are how the PTA pulls information to be able to distribute purchases like shirts and supply packs to your student. This is also where you need to update your PTA directory and PTA publishing access. Giving permission for publishing allows your child to be in publications like the yearbook, ourPTA Facebook page, and student directory.
FIRST TIME USERS: Click Create Account. After you’ve created a new account and verified your email, login and go to Formsand Family Information at the bottom of the page. (For current 2018-2019 5th Graders, when adding your student on Step 2, select 5th Grade.)
Join or renew your PTA membership Every year you must join the PTA. Purchase your 2019-2020 parent, student, or faculty membership. The #1 reason to join PTA is your child benefits. Many of research studies show that when parents get involved, children do better in school. Murphy Middle School PTA will help you stay connected throughout the school year. Volunteering is not a requirement of membership, although we would love to have your help. Learn more.
Connect with the PTA calendar and social media
The calendar page is where you will find event dates, times and locations throughout the year. Don't forget to subscribe to eNews and follow us on social media.
Renew your PISD background check
Want to volunteer on campus? PISD requires that every volunteer renews their background check each school year. If you've volunteered before, it's a 2 minute or less process. If you're new to volunteering, it's 5 minutes or less. After this is done, check out our volunteer opportunities and sign up!
Update your PISD parent portal
Update your student’s emergency cards that are kept on file at the school to find out who your student’s teacher is for the year. To do this, complete the following steps.
- Log into the Parent Portal, http://parentportal.pisd.edu.
- You will need your child’s legal name, campus (Murphy Middle School) and student ID number.NOTE: The ID is the number they use to buy lunch at school and log into the school computer.
- After you login, in the Students section, click your child's name
- Complete all forms listed.NOTE: Once you have successfully completed each section, a green check mark will appear. The entire process takes about 15 minutes.
HOW TO CREATE A PARENT PORTAL ACCOUNT IF YOU DON’T HAVE ONE You must have an email address to access Parent Portal. A confirmation email will be sent to that email address when you complete the signup process.IMPORTANT: Remember to write down your password and security questions for future use.
- Go to http://parentportal.pisd.edu.
- Click Create New Registration.
- Enter the required information and complete every field.NOTE: If you have more than one student in PISD, you will only need to submit the form for one student. The system will recognize all PISD students in your household.
- After your Parent Portal account is created, an email will be sent to you at the email address you provided.
- If you have questions about the process, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the legal name of your child, ID number, and the school name. They will respond within 48 hours.NOTE: The ID is the number they use to buy lunch at school and log into the school computer.
Print Your MMS Schedule
Release date: To be announced
1. Login at https://parentportal.pisd.edu/Login.aspx
2. In the Student Registration Forms section, click your student's name
3. Click View 2019-2020 Schedule
4. Print or bring a screen shot of your class schedule and locker assignment to Maverick March
Get Your PE Uniforms
You can order your PE uniform online at http://www.shopmurphymavs.com/. Students will need to have a grey shirt and blue shorts for PE class.
Create and/or deposit lunch money into your student's lunch account
Add money to your student's account online at PayPAMS.com. Also, you and your student can check the school cafeteria menuat anytime throughout the year.
Show some school spirit
Every Friday is Spirit Day on campus. After August 1st, visit our online store to show your school pride and wear a Murphy Maverick Middle School spirit shirt! Don't forget to place an order for Mom, Dad, and siblings!
Learn More About MMS Policies
Visit the MMS Policies page to learn how to have a great school year.