The results are in for the school level judging and once again Murphy Middle School students had some amazing entries. Overall, the judges were very impressed with the quality level and interpretation of theme. Here are some statistics:
- 285 Students Participated
- 313 Entries were Submitted (Several students submitted more than one entry.)
2017-2018 Reflections Results - Council (District) Judging
Happy New Year!! I hope everyone had a relaxing and enjoyable break and I wish you and your family a very joyous 2018.
The results from the council Reflections judging are in and Murphy did AWESOME! Out of the 32 entries that Murphy sent for district level judging, 27 received awards AND 4 are moving on to STATE! The district is allowed to send 6 entries at the middle school level (one in each category) to Austin for state judging and 4 of these are from Murphy! All 27 of these students will be invited to the council awards ceremony in April to receive their awards. Invitations for this ceremony should be sent out in mid March. Here are the results for the council level judging:
Overall Award of Excellence (Advancing to State):
Visual Arts: Kailey Adams - Magical Memory
Literature: Kiran Kicinski - Reverse in Perspective
Photography: Jenna Moon - Dreams, Closer that you can Imagine
Musical Comp: Saara Sastry - Anything is Within Reach
Award of Excellence:
Film Production: Rumaisa Bhatti - Success in Within Reach
Literature: Kayla Ngo - Within Reach
Julian 'Kai' Teng - Destiny As the Pearl
Photography: Teresa George - The Sky in the Limit
Noella Hoang - I Have Dream
Brooke Letourneau - Blossom in Dusk
Garrett Liu - The Light Along the Path
Ricke Wille - Big Beehive
Award of Merit:
Dance Choreography: Cassandra Bell - Unity Within Reach
Literature: Caleb Bergman - The Opportunity
Audrey Maier - Within Reach
Hailey Whitley - Reach For It
Musical Comp: Vyshnavi Poruri - Don't You Ever Quit
Photography: Danielle Matocha - A Morning Bloom
Visual Arts: Rylie Jones - The Curiosity of Beta Fin
Grace Phan - Boundless Future
CeCe Walker - Almost Disguised
Literature: Ishaan Javali - The Hero's Sacrafice
Ishaan Javali - The Mythical Passing
Photography: Camila Kenfick - Peace
Ashley McSimov - Imagination
Kamryn Melton - Beauty is Within Reach
Visual Arts: Lucy Schilling - Separated by Glass
Murphy Middle School Results
Congratulations to all these students and to everyone who participated in Reflections this year! I would also like to thank the teachers and parents of Murphy Middle School for your support and encouragement.
The following students have been chosen to represent Murphy Middle School at the district level judging by receiving an Award of Excellence for their entries:
- Cassandra Bell - Unity within Reach
- Abby Cardenas - Exsistant
- Haya Albelbaisi - Life in Seconds
- Rumaisa Bhatti - Success is Within Reach
- Caleb Bergman - The Opportunity
- Ishaan Javali - The Hero's Sacrafice
- Ishaan Javail - The Mythical Passing
- Kiran Kicinski - Reverse in Perspective
- Audrey Maier - Within Reach
- Kayla Ngo - Within Reach
- Kai Teng - Destiny it's the Pearl
- Hailey Whitley - Reach for It
- Vyshanavi Poruri - Don't You Ever Quit
- Saara Sastry - Anything is Within Reach
- Thuyan Dang - Adventure Awaits...
- Teresa George - The Sky in the Limit
- Noella Hoang - I Have Dream
- Camila Kenefick - Peace
- Brooke Letourneau - Blossom in Dusk
- Garrett Liu - The Light Along the Path
- Danielle Matocha - A Morning Bloom
- Ashley McSimov - Imagination
- Kamryn Melton - Beauty is Within Reach
- Jenna Moon - Dreams, Closer than you can Imagine
- Serema Sarkari - Wonders Within Reach
- Rickie Wille - Big Beehive
- Kailey Adams - Magical Memory
- Kaitlin Hong - Within Reach of your Goal
- Rylie Jones - The Curiosity of Beta Fin
- Ty Le - (Title Pending)
- Grace Phan - Boundless Future
- Carmen Rai - Dreamland
- Lucy Schilling - Separated by Glass
- CeCe Walker - Almost Disguised
District level judging will take place from December 11-13. The results for district judging will be posted after the winter break. Good luck to all these students!
View the full list of award recipients. The complete awards list includes, Award of Merit and Honorable Mention award recipients as well.
Any student receiving a school level award will be invited to an awards reception to be held in January. Details are still being finalized.
Thank you very much to ALL STUDENTS who participated in Reflections this year. The program was a huge success. Thanks to ALL OF YOU for sharing your amazing talents!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Murphy MS PTA - Reflections Chair
- Wednesday, May 30
Why support MMS PTA?
Our goal is to work with parents and the community to enrich students educational experience, to enhance the overall well being of our students a work diligently to improve our school.
What does the PTA do with the money?
Helps pay for:
• Three socials every year
• Guest speakers
• Teacher breakfasts
• Teacher appreciation gifts
Your restaurant will have exposure on:
• MMS Facebook
• MMS PTA Facebook
• MMS eNews
• Marque flash
Questions? Call Michele Kester at 214-662-7247.