Murphy Middle PTA and the World Wear Project
The Murphy Middle PTA has partnered with the World Wear Project to place a recycling bin on the campus of Murphy Middle.
The goals of the World Wear Project are:
- To make gently worn clothing and shoes affordable and available to people domestically and internationally who might otherwise be unable to afford new clothing.
- To help schools, places of worship, community centers, charities and other non-profits generate much needed funds
- To promote global responsibility.
- Any recycled items will be sold (because the WWP is a for profit organization, donations are not tax-deductible), but part of the proceeds from the sale of recycled items will given to the Murphy Middle PTA, and will directly benefit the students and staff of Murphy Middle.
It is our hope that the Murphy Middle family and the surrounding community will see the World Wear Project bin as a convenient and reliable location for recycling goods and materials that might otherwise find their way into a landfill.
The bin is located on the east side of the building, outside the cafeteria in the parking lot.
Items that may be donated and placed in the bin include:
- Hard Toys
- Stuffed Animals
- Pots and Pans
For more information, visit http://www.worldwearproject.com/recycle-programs/overview.
- Tuesday, July 31
- Wednesday, August 1
- Sunday, August 5
- Thursday, August 9
- Monday, August 13
- Monday, September 3
Why support MMS PTA?
Our goal is to work with parents and the community to enrich students educational experience, to enhance the overall well being of our students a work diligently to improve our school.
What does the PTA do with the money?
Helps pay for:
• Three socials every year
• Guest speakers
• Teacher breakfasts
• Teacher appreciation gifts
Your restaurant will have exposure on:
• MMS Facebook
• MMS PTA Facebook
• MMS eNews
• Marque flash
Questions? Call Michele Kester at 214-662-7247.